Amethyst is one of the most well-known and collected crystals in the world! This semi-precious stone is purple-violet type of quartz that forms in long crystals and geodes.
The name Amethyst is derived from the ancient Greek a- (not) and méthystos (intoxicated). Ancient Greeks wore amethyst and made chalices decorated with Amethyst believing it would prevent intoxication. Amethyst was also used by Egyptians for jewelry and decoration. In the Middle Ages, Amethyst was a symbol of royalty and used to decorate the English crown, scepter, and other ornaments. Amethyst was considered one of the Cardinal gems in the Old World and was one of the five most precious gemstones until large deposits were found in Brazil.
Amethyst can fade when exposed to light for a prolonged period of time. To prevent the fading most Amethyst is heat-treated (irradiated). When heated to high temperatures Amethyst turns into a Citrine-like color.
Apophyllite is a mineral usually occurring as white glassy prisms, commonly as a secondary mineral in volcanic rocks. It is a hydrated silicate and fluoride of calcium and potassium.
* Photos show all sides.
* Sizes, shapes and colors my vary due to being a natural stone, being hand-carved and/or difference in computer monitors.
Amethyst Stilbite Apophyllite • 467.3
Amethyst with Stilbite in Apophyllite Cut-Base Geode
- 467.0 grams
1 lb 1 oz. ~ 3."2x2.75"x2.75"
- Possibly Heated
Metaphysical properties are for your enjoyment and are not to be taken as medical advice.
- Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
- Astrological: Aquarius, Capricorn, Pisces, Virgo
- Numerical: 3
- Emotional: Anger, Anxiety, Balance, Coping, Decision Making, Dispel Negativity, Emotional Pain, Fear, Focus, Grief, Loss, Love, Motivation, Nightmares, Peacefulness, Pineal Gland, Rage, Reducing Stress, Selflessness, Serenity
- Physical: Acne, Addiction, Alcoholism, Blood, Brain, Bruises, Burns, Cancer, Digestion, Dreams, Dying, Ears, Eczema, Emphysema, Endocrine System, Headache, Headaches, Healing, Healing after Surgery, Hearing Disorders, Herpes, Hormone Production, Immune System, Injuries, Insomnia, Itching, Lungs, Memory, Metabolism, Migraine, Night Terrors, Nightmares, Overindulgence, Pain, Parasites, Physically Overactive, Pituitary Gland, Psoriasis, Respiratory Tract, Skin, Skin Irritation, Sleep, Smoking, Swelling, Tumors, Viruses, Weakness, Well Being, Wrinkles
- Spiritual: Astral Travel, Awareness, Consciousness, Dream Recall, Dreams, Harmony, Higher Self, Inner Child, Intuition, Love, Meditative State, Mediumship, Protection, Psychic Ability, Raising Vibration, Telekinesis, Visualization, Wisdom
- Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
- Astrological: Gemini, Libra
- Number: 4
- Emotional: Anxiety, Dispel or Release Negativity, Fear, Reducing Stress or Tension, Worrying
- Physical: Addiction, Allergies, Asthma, Breathing Problems, Eye Disorders and Infections, Fatigue, Foot Problems, Healing, Lungs, Mental Clarity, Skin Infections and Irritations
- Spiritual: Akashic Records, Angel Communication and Connection, Astral Projection and Traveling, Aura Cleansing and Clearing, Clarity, Communication and Connecting with Higher Self, Enhances Intuition, Introspection, Long Distance Healing, Meditation, Past Life Recall, Remote Viewing, Truth, Universal Love