Wulfenite is a lead molybdate, secondary mineral typically found as thin tabular crystals with a bright orange-red, yellow-orange, yellow or yellowish grey color in the oxidized zones of hydro-thermal lead deposits.
It was named in honor of Austrian mineralogist Franz Xavier von Wulfen (1728, Belgrade, Serbia - 1805, Klagenfurt, Austria), forms in vibrant color unlike most minerals.
* Photos show all sides.
* Sizes, shapes and colors my vary due to being a natural stone, being hand-carved and/or difference in computer monitors.
Wulfenite in Aggregate
This specimen, like others from Mapimi, formed in elongated rectangles and tapering prisms on an aggregate base.
- Ojuela Mine, Mapimí, Durango, Mexico
- 243.2 grams ~ 110x53x46mm
Metaphysical properties are for your enjoyment and are not to be taken as medical advice.
- Chakra: Root, Sacral
- Astrological: Sagittarius
- Element: Fire
- Numerical: 7
- Emotional: Aids Negative Situations, Artistic Creativity, Inspiration, Persistence, Personal Development, Transformation
- Physical: Cellular Memory, Metabolism, Post Uterine Healing, Physical Rejuvenation, Sexual Function and Pleasure
- Spiritual: Access Past, Present & Future, Divine Self, Enhance Ritual Work, Journey, Repair Past-Life Relationships, Spiritual Rejuvenation, Communication