Amethyst is one of the most well-known and collected crystals in the world! This semi-precious stone is purple-violet type of quartz that forms in long crystals and geodes.
The name Amethyst is derived from the ancient Greek a- (not) and méthystos (intoxicated). Ancient Greeks wore amethyst and made chalices decorated with Amethyst believing it would prevent intoxication. Amethyst was also used by Egyptians for jewelry and decoration. In the Middle Ages, Amethyst was a symbol of royalty and used to decorate the English crown, scepter, and other ornaments. Amethyst was considered one of the Cardinal gems in the Old World and was one of the five most precious gemstones until large deposits were found in Brazil.
Amethyst can fade when exposed to light for a prolonged period of time. To prevent the fading most Amethyst is heat-treated (irradiated). When heated to high temperatures Amethyst turns into a Citrine-like color.
Citrine is a type of Quartz. Most Citrine clusters, points and tumbles you see online are heat treated. When Amethyst is heated to 800°F+ it turns into a deep yellow to yellow/orange amber color with white matrix. Most, but not all, Citrine coming from Brazil is heat treated Amethyst.
Although some Amethyst has been naturally changed over to yellow Citrine. Natural Citrine is rare and is much lighter in color. Very light natural Citrine is called 'Lemon Quartz'.
Quartz is found worldwide and forms at any temperature in igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks. When at the beach, desert or river you are likely standing on Quartz sand!
Quartz crystals vibrate at such precise frequencies that it is used to make crystal oscillators for accurate watches and clocks. Quartz crystals are also used to make cell phones, computers, electronic games, GPS equipment, radios, televisions, and much more.
Optical-grade Quartz crystal is used to make electronic sensors, lasers, lenses, microscopes, telescopes, windows
* Photos show all sides.
* Sizes, shapes and colors my vary due to being a natural stone, being hand-carved and/or difference in computer monitors.
Triple Point Pendant Necklaces • Amethyst, Citrine, Quartz or Mixed
Triple Point Pendant Necklaces
- Clear Quartz, Purple Amethyst, Yellow Citrine or Mixed
- 1-1/2" Pendant
- Silver-Plated & Silver-Dipped
- Adjustable Waxed Cotton Cord
Metaphysical properties are for your enjoyment and are not to be taken as medical advice.
- Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
- Astrological: Aquarius, Capricorn, Pisces, Virgo
- Numerical: 3
- Emotional: Anger, Anxiety, Balance, Coping, Decision Making, Dispel Negativity, Emotional Pain, Fear, Focus, Grief, Loss, Love, Motivation, Nightmares, Peacefulness, Pineal Gland, Rage, Reducing Stress, Selflessness, Serenity
- Physical: Acne, Addiction, Alcoholism, Blood, Brain, Bruises, Burns, Cancer, Digestion, Dreams, Dying, Ears, Eczema, Emphysema, Endocrine System, Headache, Headaches, Healing, Healing after Surgery, Hearing Disorders, Herpes, Hormone Production, Immune System, Injuries, Insomnia, Itching, Lungs, Memory, Metabolism, Migraine, Night Terrors, Nightmares, Overindulgence, Pain, Parasites, Physically Overactive, Pituitary Gland, Psoriasis, Respiratory Tract, Skin, Skin Irritation, Sleep, Smoking, Swelling, Tumors, Viruses, Weakness, Well Being, Wrinkles
- Spiritual: Astral Travel, Awareness, Consciousness, Dream Recall, Dreams, Harmony, Higher Self, Inner Child, Intuition, Love, Meditative State, Mediumship, Protection, Psychic Ability, Raising Vibration, Telekinesis, Visualization, Wisdom
Chakra: Sacral, Crown, Solar Plexus
Astrological: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra
Energies: Money, Luck, Protection
Emotional: Calm, Comfort, Enjoyment, Happiness, Honesty, Hope, Inspiration, Joy, Negativity, Self Confidence, Self Esteem
Physical: Circulation, Diabetes, Digestion, Eyes, Gallbladder, Headaches, Kidneys, Pancreas, Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.), Spleen, Thyroid, Tissue Regeneration
Spiritual: Abundance, Activates Will, Creativity, Manifestation, Maximizes Energy Flow, Psychic, White Light
- Chakra: All
- Astrological: All
- Number: 4
- Element: All
- Emotional: Acceptance, Emotional Balance, Emotional Healing, Friendship, Harmony, Joy, Perseverance, Reducing Stress/Tension, Stabilize Emotions
- Physical: AIDS/HIV, Burns, Healing after Surgery, Heartburn, Immune System, Kidneys, Memory, Pain, Pineal Gland, Sleep, Thyroid, Toothache, Vertigo, Vitality
- Spiritual: Affirmation Statements, Amplify Healing/Prayers/Wishes, Attract Angels, Higher Consciousness/Self, Higher Realms, Humility, Increase Consciousness, Inner Child, Positive Affirmations, Receptivity to Spirit Guides, Shamanic Healing, Spiritual Awakening, Spiritual Guidance, Telepathy, Unity