Retired Danforth Pewter Shank Button ~ Made in Vermont, U.S.A.
Given the nature of construction and materials, please allow for slight variations.
Race Car Pewter Shank Button • 20x14mm
- Race Car
Transparent Brown Enamel Racing Stripe
- 20x14mm 2.5mm shank
- Manufacturer: Danforth Pewter
- Hand-Crafted in Vermont, U.S.A.
- Quantity: 1
- Restockable: Retired
WHAT IS PEWTER?
Danforth pewter is made of the finest lead-free alloy of tin, copper and antimony. The tin imparts a fine sheen and malleability. Over time and with use, your pewter will develop a wonderful patina. Due to the high quality of pewter alloy we use, Danforth pewter contains no lead and therefore is safe for food and drink, meeting or exceeding FDA food safety standards.
Pewter will last for generations if cared for properly.
- Many collectors feel that pewter benefits from handling as it develops a distinctive, warm patina the more it is used.
- Though certain conditions will cause pewter to oxidize and darken, such as regular handling and living near saltwater, pewter does not tarnish like silver and copper. Pewter can be cleaned with warm soapy water, rinsed, then towel dried with a soft cloth. Do not wash pewter in an automatic dishwasher as the heat and detergent can be harmful to the piece.
- There are various pewter cleaners and polishes available to maintain your pewter.
- Pewter should never be used in an oven, microwave or on the stovetop and should not be exposed to a direct flame. This could cause melting and deform the piece.